The Balkan brass band from Vladicin Han, is thirteen-piece strong orchestra wholly defined by their own gypsy lineage, whilst giving a knowing nod towards other musical and cultural backgrounds closely related to Romani traditions.
Boban and his Orchestra have won all of the most prestigious accolades available to players in Serbia: “Trumpet Maestro” (2 times), “Golden Trumpet”, “First Trumpet”, ”The Best Orchestra”, “The Best Concert”. Most of the members have been presented at the renowned "Dragacevski Sabor" in Guca, Southern Serbia - a festival noted to attract fierce competitions among both the players and audiences of up to 600,000 people.
In addition to the 15 albums released so far, the Boban i Marko Markovic Orchestra has performed and been featured in the following:
- Emir Kusturica’s beloved films: “Underground” & “Arizona Dream”
- “Unblocked” (‘Music from the Eastern Europe’) compilation on Elipsis Arts in the USA.
- “Srbija: Sounds Global” vol. 1, 2 and 3 (B92) 2000/2002/2005.
- “Golden Brass Summit” Anthology of 40 years in Guca. (Network Medien). First 4 tracks.
- “Rromano Suno” Vol. 1 and 2 Gypsy music from the Balkans (B92) 2003/2006.
- “Gucha! The Distant trumpet” film soundtrack (2006)
- the award winning documentary film "Competition," as main characters
The band has already performed in a host of countries around the world: Greece, Belgium, Rumania, USA, Hungary, Italy, Austria, Holland, Denmark, Finland, Israel, Norway, Turkey, Ukraine, Monaco, Russia, Switzerland, Poland, Sweden, Canada, UK, Germany, Spain, Bulgaria, Slovenia, Portugal, Ireland, Luxembourg, France, Slovakia, Croatia, Czech Republic.
Marko, now the band’s primary soloist and arranger, has collaborated heavily, as both as a soloist and co-arranger, with Shantel on his well-received new album “Disco Partizani”, and has performed with the Bucovina Orchestra.
In 2006 and 2007, the Boban and Marko Markovic Orchestra performed many concerts with Roy Paci and Frank London, as part of the “Il Terrone, l’Ebreo e lo Zingaro” show, with huge success. Orchestra toured the year 2012 through most prestigious European venues and festivals with Fanfare Ciocarlia under the name of project Balkan Brass Battle.